Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Obama

With the inauguration of Barack Obama just days away, I thought it would be appropriate to share with you just how much the people of Liberia are in love with the new president-to-be. There are posters of him everywhere. There are businesses named after him. I can garuntee you that in 5 years there will be a whole group of 5 year old boys with the name Barack Obama. I read an article in the local newspaper a few days ago that announced that now, thanks to Barack Obama, it would be super easy for Liberians to immigrate to America!

Here are some examples of Obama love...


I pass the Obama Filling Station on my way to the office. What you can't see so well in this picture is the words "YES WE CAN" boldy printed across the foundation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are they filling at the filling station?

Anonymous said...

hope.

stoph said...

That would be a Liberian gas station.

Anonymous said...

I thought it might be but those jars of red liquid threw me off.

stoph said...

That would be the fuel. Since the jars are exactly one gallon each, they usually use them to measure out the gas.

William said...

that's crazy and awesome, there's probably more hype over there than there is over here (and there's a significant amount here)