Monday, April 26, 2010

Ontarioooooo!

Hi friend,
I am currently sitting at the largest dining table I have ever seen. I am in Ontario in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by asparagus fields, massive wind turbines, and sandy cliffs leading down to the endless lake Erie. This first day has involved many an adventure already and there can only be more to come. I promise I'll write you a letter soon, but in the mean time here is a photo of me contemplating one of the most philosophic questions out there: "What is asparagus?"


(photo courtesy of Thomas Sanz - who is a cool guy, by the way)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Christoph...your picture at the top looks like you've just been to a teenage rave where the drug of choice was asparagus, and the cops picked you up and took a mug shot, but you didn't care, because they didn't confiscate your asparagus.

stoph said...

Sarah, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks.

Alpha Davies said...

yay Stoph! i'm glad the adventures have started...its nice to have a new blog entry to read finally

Maureen Jones said...

I've seen those wind turbines, they are HHHUUUUGGGEEE! Love your profile picture, thanks for wearing your Barnawear! Enjoy living in the Ark and enjoy walking the sand dunes around there. We will miss you here but will pray for you regularly. Thanks for taking the time to be here on Saturday evening, it was great to see you. Blessings Christoph!

V said...

Well well well. I wonder who's in Ontario! I still can't believe that you're doing this. So jealous right now. What is asparagus you say? Well let me tell you! It an absolutely amazing veggie and Junior from veggietales is one too which makes this vegetable UBER SUPER! Update often!

Unknown said...

the old tobacco huts are particularly photogenic, if they're still there. lake erie always reminds me of a sufjan stevens song. enjoy the days my friend. I look forward to future updates. muchlove.

colin.buschman said...

The better question is "What isn't asparagus" aren't we all a little asparagus in the end! Think about it! Miss you and have a great time!