Friday, July 8, 2011

Dudes, I'm in Guate!

...and it is beautiful!!!! It feels like I never left. Relationships begun a year ago are there to be picked up again right where we left off. And the school....THE SCHOOL!!! I wish I could bring you all down here so you can see what it looks like when 180 kids encounter God's love on a daily basis. Or what getting hugged by a hundred little niƱos every day.

Today we had El Dia de Canada at the school which is, you guessed it, Canada Day! It was a great day of introducing our students and staff to our fabulous country, or at least grossly over-representing its stereotypes (think lots of beaver crafts). I helped facilitate hockey games for each of the grades, and they took to it like a Canadian on skates. Seriously, they got fierce. Then we had a Canadian students vs. Guatemalan staff game, which got fiercer. This afternoon we climbed up a mountain and planted avocado trees.

To summarize: God is awesome, Guate is awesome, I am doing exceedingly well.
Much love,
Christoph

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Glad to hear that you're loving it like last year!