Wednesday, November 5, 2008

All Packed And Ready To Go

My bags are bulging with what will be my only property for the next seven months. I’m running around like a mad man remembering all those last minute things that should have been on my list of things to pack ages ago, but they somehow slipped through the cracks, and only now I’m noticing how vitally important it is. All petty last-minute anxieties aside, I’m one pent up body of excitement. I have no clue how I slept last night.

My wacky flight path starts at 6:05pm today. I land 9.5 hours later in the sprawling Heathrow Airport, where I have relaxed three hours to switch terminals and take off for Brussels, the capital of Belgium.

I have the pleasure of experiencing Brussels for three days, looking forward to the generous hospitality of friends of friends, visiting a family I used to babysit, and enjoying some Belgian waffles. And possibly pee on a church (I’ll post a photo later to explain).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:O, Exciting! Be sure to air mail me some of the Belgian waffles.

Freerange plushies said...

lol. that last point is a little odd...

David said...

i peed on that church!!