Saturday, November 29, 2008

My New Friends

I want you to meet my new friends. They are probably the cutest people ever.
The Equip office in Ganta where I am staying shares its property with an orphange and school, so there are kids everywhere. These are just a couple of them. They started following me everywhere. I had to go take photos of a clinic nearby for a story, and when I left they all ran after me. I told them that I had to go to the clinic, and one girl felt my arm with concern. "You sick?"
Speaking of sickness, its been a miracle. I haven't gotten sick past a mild headache (dehydration!) so far. That has been a real blessing. This next photos is for you, Mueti, because you asked for a photo of myself. The reason it is kind of off-center is because it was taken by a little 7 year old boy that probably has never held a camera in his life before.
And here's some Liberian jungle scenery for you all to chew on.
I've got to run. One of the volunteers, Sarah, is from the US of A, so she's organizing a little thanksgiving feast. Mmm, pumpkin!!!

3 comments:

Alpha Davies said...

wow those are some cute kids!
and youuuuu definitely need a haircut buddy! lol jkjk...
beautiful pictures Christoph!!!!

William said...

mmmm... American Thanksgiving...

David said...

that pic with your hand on that kids head...
that kid is so excited it is rubbing off on me!!!